Oceaneering Sr. Engineer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This position provides engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the development of subsea systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform or check conceptual and detailed development efforts for subsea hydraulic control systems
- Perform or check engineering calculations / analysis for subsea hydraulic control systems
- Work well within a team and individually
- Prepare or check technical procedures for assembly, testing, and operations
- Prepare or check design specifications utilizing systems engineering techniques
- Participate in the engineering review and trade study processes as a reviewer and a contributor
- Provide guidance / mentor junior engineers and designers
- Study, interpret, and implement requirements from industry codes and regulatory authorities.
- Maintain/execute a project plan
- Present/impress potential and current clients with technical competency
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities. However, the individual will be required to provide guidance to others when he or she must delegate design or analysis work.
- This position reports to the Director of Product Development or the Electrical Engineering Lead.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience developing hydraulic control systems
- Knowledge of reliability engineering processes
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Mechanical design, including: materials selection, weldment design, structural design, mechanisms design, design for machining/assembly.
- Knowledge of PLC architecture development, safety function definition, component selection, circuit design, specification development, trade study, and block diagram development
- Knowledge of industry codes: BSEE 30 CFR 250, API 6A and 17G, DNV 2.22, 2.7-1, 2.7-2, and 2.7-3, NORSOK D-010 and D-002, ANSI Y14.5, AWS D1.1, ASME BPVC.
- Knowledge of subsea risered and riserless intervention systems, drilling systems, offshore pumping systems, and subsea controls systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Supports organization's goals and values
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Sr. Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12723
Full/Part Time: Full-Time