Oceaneering Sr. Accountant in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Sr. Accountant applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
- Reconciles numerous Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Participates in preparing financial information for the 10-Q,10-K and other SEC filings.
- Supports the external auditors by preparing schedules and responding to issues raised by the auditors.
- Maintains compliance with federal reporting requirements by completing U.S. Census reports.
- Communicates with regional accountants to resolve issues and provide support and guidance.
- Analyzes financial information to interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Provides support in completing the corporate month-end closing process and prepares month-end financial statements.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum two (2) to four (4) years of public accounting experience OR five (5) to seven (7) years relevant industry experience required.
- External reporting experience
- CPA License
- Ability to analyze and evaluate financial and accounting records and identify problems.
- Knowledge of accounting and/or auditing principles, practices, concepts, and systems.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12448
Full/Part Time: Full-Time