IHS Markit Senior SDET in Houston, Texas
Sr. SDET (Relocation available to Bellevue, WA)
We are looking for someone that lives and breathes backend testing - someone who has tested complex service/server architecture, either worked in big data or itching for an opportunity. As part of our Engineering-QA; you will have an opportunity to work on big data with real-time updates to our front end maps; you will test our backend components (Python), RESTful webservices and data storage (Postgres and Cassandra). You will also have a plethora of opportunities to research open source solutions in all things big-data.
· Independently create and own test methods to verify backend components (including warehouse)
· Collaborate with Developers & DevOps to perform integration, functionality, scalability/failover and load testing using manual methods and testing tools/scripts
· Coordinate appropriate test environments/instances (AWS) and test configurations
· Participate in development sessions; contribute to design decisions and build effective test coverage to ensure seamless integration of new features with current system functionality.
· Make good technical decisions and completes tasks & assignments under limited direction.
· Determine and develop test approach or strategy to a wide range of technically difficult testing problems
Desired Skills and Experience
· Education: CS or a STEM discipline preferred
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in software QA
· Extensive experience testing large scale distributed server architecture or data-heavy services (experience testing services in the cloud is a PLUS)
· Fluency with Unix/Linux command line tools is a must
· Scripting with Shell or Python or Perl is required
· Strong understanding of data warehousing is a must
· Fluency with SQL, must be able to construct and execute complex queries
· Good understanding RESTful webservices and JSON
· Good understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP
· Excellent multi-tasking capability
· Exceptional attention to details
· Excellent communication skills
· Track record of learning/researching new technologies
· Understanding of Cassandra, Hadoop, AWS/EC2/RDS are a definite PLUS
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementRight to WorkPay Transparency PolicyE-Verify
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.