Oceaneering Operations AR Coordinator in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as liason between project management and finance and assist in the execution of projects in order that a completed documentation packet can be submitted for invoicing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and assists Project Management in cost analysis and identifying areas of potential cost overruns/irregularities
- Analyze project’s month end closing status to assist Project Management in updating forecast and backlog worksheets
- Assist with month end closing process (cost accruals/Work in Process adjustments)
- Effectively communicate with Commercial and Project Management, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services related to contract set-up
- Provide support to Project Management in execution of project kick-off and close-out processes
- Sets up projects and contracts in ERP system
- Sets up and maintains job folders
- Maintain and track all project related financial documentation required for invoicing
- Support Project Management in input/maintenance of project information in company asset/resource management tool
- Track metrics, including cost reductions to projects, continuous improvement activities on projects, and Projects Team metrics
- Assist with audit issues and requests
- Gather information from Project Managers:
Verify completion, accuracy/correctness, and availability of requested/required data
Implement data into standardized formats
- Assist on a per-project basis in the tracking and capacity management of projects:
Run weekly cost reports on projects and track against supplied project budget and update
Track project status against supplied project schedule and update Project Managers
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Controller or Accounting manager
- May take direction from Project Managers
- High school diploma and at least (2) years of relevant industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Oil/Gas industry
- Knowledge of ERP and/or MRP systems
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Operations AR Coordinator
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12659
Full/Part Time: Full-Time