Oceaneering Material Handler in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Receive, store, issue, and ship materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Keep records and compile stock reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials to domestic and international locations.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand truck and sorting bins.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- On Call is a requirement.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving activities.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service and personal services.
* * Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- One (1) to Two (2) years’ experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Provides assistance to others when they need it
- Checks the accuracy of own and others' work
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUMwork.
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Material Handler
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12808
Full/Part Time: Full-Time