Oceaneering Maritime Account Manager in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Account Manager (AM)is a sales role responsible for generating revenue from new and existing PortVision and Asset Monitoring Intelligence Center/Asset Protection accounts. The AM will work closely with the stakeholders from each account to increase Oceaneering revenue and market penetration for our PortVision360 and Asset Protection Service Lines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute comprehensive prospecting initiatives targeting high potential customers based on the Maritime Business Line strategy.
- Participate in sales forecasting and reporting activities.
- Collect market analysis and review with program manager to determine customer needs.
- Establish and manage metrics that demonstrate the company’s value proposition to the customer.
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients.
- Meet with key clients to build and maintain relationships and negotiate and close deals.
- Analyze and control expenditures conforming to budgetary requirements.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the activities and products of the competition.
- Network with other business people and become established as a thought leader within the maritime industry.
- Define and write compelling proposals for service line solutions.
- Investigate the economic conditions surrounding the business activity such as industry trends and competition.
- Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry.
- Bachelor Degree in related field
- Seven or more (7+) years’ of sales experience in the Commercial Maritime industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Maritime Logistics and/or offshore asset operations and success with Enterprise Level software sales with average deal size above $75K.
- Sales 3.0 focused( analytical sales approach, productive integration with lead generation, solve problems vs. selling).
- Capable of surfacing and clarifying prospect pain points, gaining insight into their organization and decision making process through traditional prospecting and social media tools. Use of insight gained to convert prospect pain points into value propositions for service line solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain an active strategy to move opportunities through all phases of the sales pipeline.
- Ability to influence multiple decision makers within organization
- Documented success in gaining net new clients as well as growth through strategic account management.
- CRM and general office software skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Maritime Account Manager
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12833