Oceaneering Machinist - 2nd Shift in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to set up and operate production machines such as lathes, mills, grinders, saws. Machine materials to drawing specifications. Reads and interprets drawings and specifications, to include Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T;), as required. Perform in process inspections where required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Study sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Measures, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Select, align, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills and lathes. Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls.
- Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Develop specifications from general description and draws sketches of part or product to be fabricated.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications. ADDITIONAL
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems. Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Shop Foreman
- May take direction from more senior/lead machinist.
- Minimum two (2) years in a machining environment
- Experience must be with CNC machines (Mills & Lathes)
- Proficient in the use of quality control measuring devices (micrometers, gauges, indicators, scales calipers, etc.)
- Ability to read and edit machine programs and comprehend GD&T;
- Manual machinining experience a plus.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Machinist - 2nd Shift
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12738
Full/Part Time: Full-Time