Oceaneering Business Intelligence Manager in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The BI Manager has primary responsibility for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI teams. Responsible for all tactical, operational, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with Business Intelligence.
The Manager of BI will lead teams by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders. This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on analytics.
The Manager of Business Intelligence owns one or more business area domains and actively collaborates with the business owner(s) to deliver excellent IT service. This is accomplished through frequent business engagement, clear direction to the IT team on priorities, leadership across project execution and oversight in the SDLC process and relationship management with external vendors. This position also requires establishing and monitoring team member growth and career development.
Will also serve as a Sr. BI Architect, working with databases, data mining, data warehouse concepts, and developing solutions from existing set of BI tools and enable business decision.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Design and build ETL processes.
- Analyze requirements and extend Oracle OBIA 11g with customizations using ODI 11g
- Build custom ODI mappings and workflows adhering to best practices
- Customize the RPD (Physical, Logical, Presentation layer) including hierarchies, security
- Customize pre-built dashboards and reports, OBAW meta data, web catalog and deploy web catalog, rpd
- Develop a practical roadmap for an enterprise-wide BI reporting and analytics platform.
- Define the overall BI data architecture, including ETL processes, ODS, EDW, data marts and data lakes.
- Recommend appropriate technologies to support the implementation of the BI roadmap.
- Work with the data architect to insure that logical and physical data models support the analytic needs of the business.
- Develop reporting solutions as needed.
- Lead, develop, coach, and mentor staff
- Provide technical knowledge and business support to the BI team.
- This position has supervisory responsibilties.
Reports to Director, Technical Platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience with Oracle BI technology and at least one or more (1+) years competency with OBIA applications (Financial Analytics, Procure & Spend).
- Solid database skills: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle
- Working knowledge of Tableau
- Working knowledge of Big data
- Foundational understanding of the software lifecycle and software engineering best practices, including specification, documentation, configuration management, testing and quality assurance. Familiarity with Agile or Lean programming practices desired
- Development and administration experience with OBIEE components including Oracle BI Admin, Answers, Interactive Dashboards, BI Publisher, Delivers, Scheduler, Disconnected Analytics, Financial and Interactive Reporting.
- Strong technical understanding of data warehouse data models, design and architecture principles and techniques across master data, transactional data, summaries/roll-ups and derived/analytic data (e.g., KPIs),
- UNIX shell scripting, Java or web services experience a plus
- Previous experience managing technical employees.
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, Oracle OBIEE, and Oracle ODI.
- Discovers and meets underlying needs of customers
- Ability to build staff capacity through effective coaching, modeling adaptation to change, mentoring and fostering initiative.
- Skill to accomplish goals and tasks through others by delegation, follow up, and oversight.
- Pursues self-development on a continual basis
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Business Intelligence Manager
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12546
Full/Part Time: Full-Time