The University of Texas Medical Branch Associate Professor- Non-Tenure Track, Clinical, Department of Preventive Medicine & Community Health in Galveston, Texas
- M.D., D.O or equivalent degree
- M.P.H. or equivalent degree
- Texas Medical License or ability to obtain such license within 6 months of start date
- Residency Training in Aerospace Medicine
- Minimum of5-8 years of experience in practice, teaching,and/or research in aerospace medicine
Salary Range **
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Serve as Principal Investigator or Co-investigator for funded projects
- Mentor aerospace medicine residents in research projects during their residency program.
- Assist in teaching and mentoring in the MPH program in the Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health (PMCH).
- Supervise the Manager of the Aerospace Medicine Center (AMC) in managing the day to day clinical support and business operations of the Aerospace Medicine Center.
- Ensure high quality medical evaluation and care of pilots and air crew members evaluated through the AMC.
- Ensure proper interpretation and application of aerospace medical standards to determine medical qualifications for FAA and various corporate aviation-related medical requirements as well as FAA and other governmental Commercial Spaceflight standards for future commercial spaceflight crew and passengers.
Preferred Work Experience **
- Board certification by the American Board of Preventive Medicine in Aerospace Medicine
- Senior Aviation Medical Examiner
- Human Intervention Motivation Study (HIMS) trained
- Demonstrated success in research projects and publication of research results
- Board certification in a clinical medical discipline such as Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- Experience in providing medical support for human spaceflight activities
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Associate Professor- Non-Tenure Track, Clinical, Department of Preventive Medicine & Community Health
Job ID: 58022
Business Unit: SOMED