Textron Reliability & Maintainability Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
Reliability & Maintainability Engineer
ThThe Reliability & Maintainability Engineer provides the Bell H1- program with professional Reliability, Maintainability and Testability engineering support through professional techniques and processes.
- Collect, analyze and score Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) data. Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Engineering Investigations (EI) and Corrective Action Plans (CAP) for failed aircraft components including participation in Reliability Review scoring boards.
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA) and testability assessments including Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), fault detection and fault isolation.
- Assess manufacturing parametrics and maintenance removal times.
-Formulate reliability analyses and predictions (including development of failure rate estimates based on handbook techniques and historical data) using Windchill Quality Solutions software.
- Perform budget estimating and management tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required.
- At least 5 years of R&M experience in a defense related industry or 2 years in R&M and 5 plus years in a related Engineering field.
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills needed to brief top-level management, customers and/or large groups on an occasional-to-frequent basis
-Candidates must be eligible to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Prior military experience maintaining rotory or tiltrotor aircraft.
-Existing Secret, Top Secret or Top Secret clearance.
-Applicable experience formulating reliability analyses and predictions (including development of failure rate estimates based on handbook techniques and historical data) preferably using PTC Windchill Quality Solutions software
-Knowledge of procedures involved with collecting, analyzing, and scoring of Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) data.
- Recent experience performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Engineering Investigations (EI) and Corrective Action Plans (CAP) for failed aircraft components.
-Knowledge of rotary aircraft systems/sub-systems to include troubleshooting techniques, reliability/maintainability issues and assessment of maintenance removal times.
-Proficient in the review of flight logs, quality records, manufacturing records and engineering drawings including use of CAD software, preferably CATIA.
- Applicable experience performing Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA).
-Experience in conducting engineering investigations with suppliers and customers and participation in Reliability Review scoring boards
- Applicable experience performing testability assessments including Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), fault detection and fault isolation.
-Familiarity and/or experience with reliability test plans, R&M program plans, Statements of Work (SOW) and specification preparation.
-Working knowledge in a related discipline (Avionics, Propulsion, Hydraulics, etc).
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Helicopter
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 260331