Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Production Equipment Maintainer in Fort Worth, Texas
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball's largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia - about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball - and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
The Ball metal beverage packaging facility in Fort Worth, Texas, has been manufacturing aluminum cans for the beverage industry since 1976. The plant operates multiple high-speed production lines that make a variety of can sizes for well-known beer and beverage customers. The plant employs more than 175 dedicated team members who together produce more than 5 million infinitely recyclable beverage cans each day.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs duties as required to insure compliance with the plant's quality standards.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Relieves operators and adjusters for breaks.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Performs cleanup, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Rotates through all workstations as needed.
- Reviews SOPs and control plans relevant to their area on a regular basis.
- May be required to work in other areas of production.
- May be required to go to customer(s) to troubleshoot equipment and/or finished cans.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products, and plant quality standards.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Ability to operate forklift or aerolift, if required.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to meet deadlines and concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Works in confined area(s).
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Production Equipment Maintainer
Job ID: 659334
Location: TX - Fort Worth
Full/Part Time: Full-Time