Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Deco Adjuster in Fort Worth, Texas
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
Reynolds Metals Company built the Ft. Worth facility in 1976 for Miller Brewing Company. The plant was built to supply 12 ounce cans to Miller’s Ft. Worth brewery. It was modernized in 1990 to upgrade technology and increase productivity. In 1993, Miller sold it to Reynolds Metals Company and the plant continued to supply Miller’s Ft. Worth brewery. In 1997, the plant was modernized to increase productivity, and acquired by Ball in 1998.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides support for the plant production function as directed.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating and making minor adjustments to the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Assists in making major adjustments or mechanical repairs to the production equipment.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned area.
- Performs troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Relieves operators for breaks. Required to perform all operator duties.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Rotates through workstations as directed by management.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Ability to learn operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to learn nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products.
- Ability to learn to identify product defects.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate a fork truck or aerolift, if applicable.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Deco Adjuster
Job ID: 663180
Location: TX - Fort Worth
Full/Part Time: Full-Time