Bombardier Manager, Quality Assurance - Aircraft Maintenance (Dallas, TX Service Center) in Dallas, Texas
Manager, Quality Assurance - Aircraft Maintenance (Dallas, TX Service Center)-DAL00795
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Dallas Service Centre is centrally located at Love Field Airport, and is the home of the Service Center Network headquarters. With its dedicated staff of over 110, the facility features 100,000 sq ft of space and is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled heavy maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Canada, Brazil, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Mexico and South Africa.
In your role, you will:
• Responsible for managing the quality functions, personnel, related training, and deployment of Standard Practices for Service Center Repair Station(s) and Quality Assurance Department of Business/Regional Aviation Services.
• Position has final authority over airworthiness and quality and is responsible for facility compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Perform managerial responsibilities, for example, hire/fire, disciplinary actions, PMP, and professional development
• Act as the focal point and liaison for all interactions with the FAA, for example, answer LOI, complete submittals, and ensure compliance with regulations
• Oversee applicable inspections of aircraft maintenance for service and/or overhaul and repair activities to ensure airworthiness and compliance with Repair Station manual, Quality Control manual, and regulations
• Develop and maintain the FAA Repair Station/Quality Control Manual in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation 145
• Develop and administer the FAA Parts Manufacturing Approval as required by assigned site
• Review and interpret Federal Aviation Regulations to realign current policies, procedures, and manuals as necessary
• Develop procedures to administer company quality policy
• Prepare department budget for fiscal year operations
• Oversee and administer the Internal Quality Audit Program
• Document and communicate requirements of Technician Training Program including record keeping
• Establish and maintain quality and reliability standards by studying product and customer requirements in conjunction with management, engineers and technicians
• Establish and maintain product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures
• Collect, analyze, and summarize quality-related information and trends to prepare reports on product and process quality
• Review and implement, as appropriate, current best practices within Quality field to support achievement of organizational objectives
• Maintain current knowledge of new trends in quality including the while implementing appropriate best practices
• Communicate with appropriate customer representatives as required, to ensure all quality issues and inquiries are satisfied.
• Provide performance feedback to customers as required
As our ideal candidate,
• You have at least 7 years of experience in quality management with 3 years progressive supervisory experience
• You have a Bachelor degree in Business, Aviation, Engineering or related field (Degree may be offset by additional experience)
• You have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
• You have working knowledge of FAA and Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to maintenance programs and procedures
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications
• You have FAA Inspection Authorization - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Quality Manager
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas
Zip Code US 75235
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting:* 16.04.2018, 4:10:25 PM