Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Maintainer Chemical Process in Conroe, Texas
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
The city of Conroe Texas is located in one of the fastest growing areas in the nation, Montgomery County. With a convenient location along I-45, 40 miles north of Houston, Conroe is a favorite destination. Conroe has that small town feel with big town appeal.
Primary Purpose of Position
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures a specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production and support functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production and support equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Receives, stores, and handles hazardous and non-hazardous acids, caustics, oils and other process materials keeping accurate records of all materials received and shipped.
- Monitors and adjusts wastewater systems and sludge removal for EPA compliance.
- Advises management of any violations of environmental procedures regarding labeling, storage or spills of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Performs troubleshooting on production and support equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production and support equipment as required.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, and parts required for assigned area.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- May perform various lab chemical functions for assigned area.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: basic knowledge of environmental regulations; knowledge of chemicals, oils, soluble oil compounds, water treatment process techniques, and/or chemical related manufacturing operations; nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard chemical process techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to perform proper handling of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Works in confined area(s).
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Maintainer Chemical Process
Job ID: 663194
Location: TX - Conroe
Full/Part Time: Full-Time