Oceaneering Summer Intern in Clear Lake, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Working under direct supervision, the Summer Intern will utilize basic knowledge in a variety of subjects to perform support roles throughout the division. This position may also include performing project level tasks, supporting customer meetings and discussions, supporting manufacturing, definition and planning of the design/development effort, certification, coordination, integration, and verification at all project levels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Duties may include the following:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) – SolidWorks Simulation, RISA
- Mechanical Calculations (Excel, MathCAD)
- Design Modeling (Limited level in SolidWorks)
- Geometric Analysis – SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- Technical Writing (Limited basis in Manuals, Etc.)
- Parts Sorting/Organization for Product Assembly
- Assembly Support (Engineering Liaison)
- Test Monitoring/Documentation (Reports)
- Scanning documents
- Gathering data for reporting purposes
- Database entry and administration
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to OSS Management.
- High School diploma with some college level courses in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
¿ For engineering students, direct experience with Pro E, human space flight space cargo/payloads, thermal protection systems, and/or space life support are highly desirable. Course work related to mechanical engineering specifications, analysis tools, integration of subsystems, and requirement trades are desired. Exceptional analytical, mechanical, and system skills are highly desirable. Knowledge of standard mechanical engineering practices including proper material choices and design for manufacturability.
¿ For non-engineering students, knowledge of basic office procedure is required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products is a must. Experience with filing, copying, and scanning desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Summer Intern
Location: Clear Lake, Texas
Job ID: 12649
Full/Part Time: Full-Time