Oceaneering Quality Engineer I in Clear Lake, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Working under heavy supervision is responsible for selection and implementation of Company Quality Assurance methods and procedures for products manufactured under contract with NASA, DOD or private industry. Individual errors will directly affect, to a moderate degree, the overall pace of production, quality of product, or overhead cost for programs/products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine the overall quality approach for projects based on evaluation of detailed requirements, specifications and the Quality Manual. The job includes preparing manuals, plans, procedures and inspection/test instructions for hardware related to the contracts and purchase orders.
- Reviews customer quality requirements and ensures that these requirements are fully complied with during all phases of product design and manufacturing.
- Reviews and approves engineering drawings after verifying compliance to industry specifications and customer quality assurance requirements
- Reviews and approves manufacturing documentation after verifying that the production is in conformance with engineering drawing and other design inputs. Ensures that part traceability is maintained through production.
- Maintains and updates the approved supplier list, by being involved with supply chain management, identifying appropriate vendors, auditing vendors, resolving negative trends and maintaining approval status within the approved supplier database.
- Develop special checklists or procedures and identify inspection points to simplify, enhance and/or improve the inspector's work performance
- Participate in design reviews and Customer/Company certification reviews and prepare procedures for test technicians/Quality test inspectors and develops Quality standards for hardware and softgoods manufacturing.
- Reviews nonconformance reports and assists Project Manager with dispositioning discrepant hardware, adds appropriate discrepancy codes, verifies closure in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Serve as a member of the MRB and assure appropriate disposition, cause and corrective action on discrepancy reports, disposition records as well as maintaining follow-up on open reject tags and discrepancy reports until they are satisfactorily closed.
- Perform special process and statistical studies and quality assessments and implements Metrology System controls.
- Uphold OSS quality goals and performs metric trending for customer reporting and continuous improvement efforts within the quality organization, as well as company-wide.
- Support on time delivery of parts with associated documentation that has been carefully reviewed to be error free and meets customer requirements.
- Support in Quality Management System maintenance and process improvements, resolve audit findings, support Cause and Corrective Action processes, and other job responsibilities assigned by the Quality Manager.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
B.S in Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline.
1 – 3 years of engineering experience involving design development and manufacturing support is preferred. Experience with electronics, EEE parts, and/or software development is highly desirable.
Knowledge of NASA human space flight certification and approval processes desired.Must be able to work well in a group environment and be able to exercise independent decision-making and sound judgment. Ability to effectively handle conflicts and dynamic nature of the work environment. Experience working process issues such as Key Process Indicators (KPI) and/or Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) is desirable. Previous experience interfacing with the NASA customer and/or the oil and gas industry is also desirable. Excellent work organization and communications skills, both writing & speaking, are required. Able to work independently and make decisions without direct supervision involvement. Some travel may be required.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Quality Engineer I
Location: Clear Lake, Texas
Job ID: 12285
Full/Part Time: Full-Time