Rockwell Collins Sr Systems Engineer - Global Joint Fires Solutions in Richardson, Texas
Sr Systems Engineer - Global Joint Fires Solutions
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
The position is focused on the design, development, and test of a distributed Tactical Data Link Systems. A successful candidate will be an energetic and positive-thinking individual who is able to function effectively in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment. The engineer will work with little or no supervision to perform testing, lead root cause analysis, and will work directly with software engineers to troubleshoot issues and bring them to closure. This is a role for someone with a passion for testing and integration.
This position is located in Richardson, Texas. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
Must have skills/experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- 5 years of experience working with Tactical Data Link Systems
- 2 years of experience with MIL-STD 6016 J-Series DataLink messages
- 2 years of experience with MIL-STD 6017 Variable Message Format (VMF) DataLink messages
- 5 years experience in Network Integration (IP, TCP, UDP)
- Experience with testing distributed systems in a lab environment
- Experience with root cause analysis and problem solving
- Experience with network sniffing/analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually, internationally
Nice to have skills: * Experience testing and debugging issues with hardware-in-the-loop * Experience with Handheld radios such as PRC-117G/F and PRC-152A * Experience with Airborne Link16 radios such as TTR and MIDS LVT * Familiarity with Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, JAMA, Bamboo * Knowledge of overall software development lifecycle (SDLC) * Experience working in an Agile development environment * Knowledge of version control tools such GIT and SVN
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes: Medical, dental, and vision insurance Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent) An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance Tuition reimbursement And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Organization: *EW & Mission Solutions
Title: Sr Systems Engineer - Global Joint Fires Solutions
Requisition ID: SYS0000012A