Oceaneering Sr. Internal Auditor in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning and performing financial and operational audits in accordance with Institute of Internal Auditors Standards, including testing financial controls to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and compliance with established company policies and procedures, as well as assisting with investigations and other management requests. The successful candidate will lead initiatives related to risk management, internal controls, management of the audit plan, and continuous improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Internal Audit Management to plan, perform, manage, and refine analytical/audit/process reviews that enhance the Company's success and control environment
- Plans, leads, participates in audits and special projects globally
- Plan, execute, and report on audits of key business processes
- Collect, consolidate, and track audit findings for both SOX and non-SOX projects and provide monthly/quarterly updates to IA management.
- Execute SOX compliance program and works with individual process owners within the organization
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Company management throughout audit process with regard to developing a mutually effective audit work schedule, conducting audit status meetings, and leading the entrance and exit conferences
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective audit strategies using the COSO
- and Sarbanes Oxley standards
- Obtain, organize, and present evidential matter as to the reliability and adequacy of the internal control systems within the financial and operational areas of each business unit
- Keep abreast of changes in audit, accounting and industry practices and modify audit risk assessment and audit procedures accordingly
- Contribute to the development of efficiencies and effectiveness of departmental processes to improve our function/and or services
- Partner, collaborate, and team with the business to bring value-adding improvements/audit recommendations.
- Network with internal/external personnel to develop industry, business, and Company knowledge
- Work collaboratively with our external auditors as part of a continued reliance strategy
- Travel up to 40% of the year (both domestic and international)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field from an accredited university
- CPA, CA, or CIA and have 1-3+ years of experience in a mid-sized or large company
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including presentations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to lead and complete multiple projects simultaneously and appropriately prioritize
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility and trust with the business
- Team-player and independently motivated (proactive, takes initiative)
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal instructions
- Demonstrates a high-degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Business
- CISA certification
- Proficiency with auditing PeopleSoft, Oracle DB
- Proficiency with audit software ACL
- Prior experience with Big 4 is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Internal Auditor
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12144
Full/Part Time: Full-Time