Oceaneering Sr. Designer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Develops detailed design drawings and related specification of mechanical equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzing engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determined design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Sketches rough layout of structure and computes angles, weights, surface area, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Drafts technical illustrations and layouts for offshore installation operations; including rigging design and technical storyboards.
- Performs design/drafting work tasks requiring advanced technical experience.
- Identifies design faults and suggest alternatives.
- Applies a range of techniques and standards independently.
- Design equipment in accordance with various Subsea Oil & Gas Industry Standards
- Experienced in the tasks related to design and layout of mechanical and structural systems, including sub-systems, weldments and assemblies.
- Identifies routine problems and solves them with minimal supervision.
- May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-Year College or technical school; minimum three (3) to five (5) years experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired previous Subsea Oil & Gas experience. Desired familiarity with API, AISC, OSHA & DNV industry standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Solidworks and AutoCad.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Designer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11998
Full/Part Time: Full-Time