Oceaneering Project Manager - Shipboard Technical Services in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Project Manager will focus on the planning and execution of Classification Society and Regulatory required inspections in the Drilling Industry. Shipboard Technical Services will combine topside and subsea capabilites to meet the needs of the offshore drilling industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Study specifications and plan procedures to create project schedule and staffing requirements.
- Lead offshore teams consisting of ROV, Diving and Asset Integrity technicians.
- Coordinate and direct personnel and subcontractors in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of projects.
- Confer with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve problems and improve methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to IACS specifications and the adherence to project schedules.
- Develop efficient repair methods and evaluating/selecting quality sub-contractors.
- Monitor technical problems, major defects and follow up until corrective action is verified.
- Prepare or review reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Serves as principle HSE agent on vessel for Oceaneering activities.
- Consult with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and comply with International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance.
- Keep abreast with the Statutory and Class regulations and standards.
- Maintain all completed paperwork and required documents.
- Assist with the writing and development of proposals and technical plans for potential and ongoing projects.
- Interface with clients and aid in the development of work scopes utilizing new and effective methods.
- Help to identify and develop new and innovative processes and tooling focused on continuous improvement of standards and procedures.
- Three (3) years of previous expereince working in shipping industry or operational drilling
- Familiar with Classification Society guidelines and Regulatory Requirements
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- GulfSafe Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training
- Valid Passport
- Seagoing experience as 2nd or 3rd Assistant Engineer preferred.
- Experience working with ROV’s
- Previous experience working in Diving.
This position is considered 60% OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
This position is considered 40% OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered MEDIUMwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Project Manager - Shipboard Technical Services
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11877
Full/Part Time: Full-Time