IHS Markit Principal User Experience Architect in Houston, Texas
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
The Principal User Experience Architecture (UXA) role combines skill sets from Design Thinking, Information Architecture and Interaction Design. The role includes early structural and strategic work defining how information and functionality needs to be organized for findability and optimal use in user workflows. Workflows and screen structures are defined through task flow diagrams and wire frame documents. The Principal UXA role is a combination of skill sets that include those of a season design leader with background in Interaction Design and an Information Architecture. In combining these roles we bring aspects of library science to the organizational needs of software and content stores, as well as the articulation of operators and on screen mechanisms from the field of human computer interaction.
• Understand competitive landscape within core area of responsibility
• Collaborate with Product Management on creation of creative briefs and/or product requirements documentation
• Lead the development and refining of interaction requirements
• Support or conduct research (varies by needs of intent) to inform or refine designs
• Conceptualize opportunities and experiences using sketching, storyboarding, information modeling, and other methods
• Refine and document experiences in frameworks, site maps, page flows, interaction models and wireframe specifications
• Establish, maintain, and present a consistent point of view with respect to solutions
• Advocate for customer needs and representation in the translation of business objectives into project requirements
• Effectively communicate design solutions to all levels of partner and leadership
• Actively participate in design reviews at every stage of the process
• Address and facilitate resolution of interaction issues on the site
• Actively engage in ongoing comparative and competitive analysis of the IHS properties and competition
• Adopt and support established discipline guidelines and standards and participate in creating new ones as needed.
• Contribute to evolving UX pattern and component library.
• Participate in planning UX tasks, deliverables and timelines.
• Mentor junior team members.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy. IHS is a participant in E-Verify (see links below) . We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
EEO is the Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Right to Work at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-VerifyNativeDocuments/OSCRighttoWorkPoster.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
E-Verify at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf
IHS Markit endeavors to make our career sites accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Accommodation@ihs.com or call 303-858-6891. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for accommodation requests only. Unfortunately we are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the email address above.
Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.