Textron Dynamics/Loads Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
This position supports the Bell Helicopter V-22 Program Flight Technology Integrated Program Team with high fidelity dynamics and loads analysis. This position provides the opportunity to support multiple product improvement projects to enhance the V-22 in the areas of performance and value to our military and FMS customers.
This position also participates in preliminary design and critical design reviews for larger projects and presents updated analysis as the project moves through the design phases.
Opportunities are also given to participate in Flight Test where the engineer will provide real time telemetry monitoring of the aircraft’s loads and vibration as it conducts testing of various product improvements.
- Participate in and approve vibration qualification testing activities
- Conduct rap tests on dynamics components to ensure adequate separation to resonant frequencies
- Support dynamic instrumentation requirements on instrumented aircraft
- Provide test procedures for safe execution of test
- Rotor track and balance of test aircraft and support to the fleet
- Conduct NASTRAN Finite Element Analysis to calculate normal modes and forced response analyses
- Analyze CAFTA flight test data and conduct detailed data reduction
- Support aircraft level kinematics and loads assessments
- Coordinate with Design IPTs, Internal Loads, Weights, Handling Qualities, and Aerodynamics to ensure the V-22 GTR Model is maintained
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is required
- A dynamics and/or loads background from course studies or work experience is required
- Master’s Degree is preferred
At least 10 years’ experience performing dynamic analysis of aircraft
Demonstrated basic understanding of instrumentation and vibration test equipment
Excellent organizational, technical, verbal, and written communication skills
Must demonstrate ability to work effectively within a team
Proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision
Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and work assignments
Must be able to travel approximately 5% to support flight test operations
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Helicopter
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 256616