Aviall, Inc. Sr. Manager, Defense Programs in Dallas, Texas
Aviall is a leading solutions provider of aftermarket supply-chain management services for the aerospace and defense industries and is the largest subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Aviall has an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do culture with the backing of one of the world’s best companies, Boeing.
The Senior Manager, Defense Programs leads cross-functional product teams in Aviall Government Services (AGS) and is accountable for the profit and loss for the Fleet Readiness portion of AGS operations. The Senior Manager, Defense Programs will gather and synthesize enterprise business requirements and design effective integrated supply chain models. The Senior Manager, Defense Programs leads the organizations effort toward achieving product line objectives including sales, customer service, and inventory efficiencies. The Senior Manager, Defense Programs promotes supply chain efficiency through goal alignment effective leadership of change management activities. Additional Duties include:
• Responsible for the successful integration and realization of Boeing – Aviall synergy work statements, product line management; achieve service level, cost reduction, revenue enhancement objectives (includes E&O mitigation), champion adoption and communication of benefits throughout the organization, Supplier & Contract Management, Sourcing & Supplier development, Program integration and Management, Negotiations, Contract modifications and Business Development.
• Consults and works collaboratively with business partners from multiple areas of the organization to provide vision, leadership and direction for the framing, mobilizing, design, execution and sustainment of multiple projects within AGS.
• Assists in the planning and execution of cross-functional projects according to defined deadlines and budgets. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. \
• Works closely with the AGS Supply Chain Senior Program Manager and AGS Vice President to negotiate day to day resolutions/issues and decisioning to ensure that the program(s) meets the defined business needs and objectives. Communicate regularly with and manage the expectations of all program stakeholders ensuring they are aligned and understand their responsibilities, and that required signoff have been obtained.
• Identifies dependencies and interdependencies between Boeing and coordinate between all teams involved in the project to successfully scope, size and drive implementation of identified transformation and growth opportunities.
• Development and management of inventory policy and strategies that govern overall service level and investment for a designated portion of the business.
• Working within corporate strategies and policy frameworks, designs, proposes and implements sales strategies, guidelines and procedures within broad principles and policies set by the organization to meet sales requirements supporting short and long-term business needs.
• May oversee marketing strategies aimed at strengthening the company's sales position and profitability. Oversees development and implementation of territory and national/key account sales strategies, identification of business opportunities, and pinpointing problem areas.
• Ensures that territory and national/key account sales goals are achieved through the effective placement and motivation of regional sales managers, national/key sales staff, sales representatives and support professionals. Maintains coordination with integral organization functions and directs the flow of information for sales activities and transactions, including leads, contracts, global agreements, etc.
• Oversee contract correspondence and administer contract changes for Aviall contracted parts. Facilitate changes to Boeing-owned contracts.
Manages and motivates subordinate management staff; reviews and assesses performance, builds employee capacity, supports their professional development and enables employees to optimize their contribution to the department.
Manages special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education Requirement: Bachelors Degree in related field. Master's preferred.
Required: 5 years in prior management role and 10 years related professional experience
Travel: Up to 25%
Aviall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Requisition ID: 12013